Visiting a Vet
When you are organising yourself at home to bring your pet/s to see us please ensure the following:
- Pets must be securely in your control.
- Dogs need to be fitted with a secure collar and lead and cats should be contained in a cat box. This decreases the chance of any problems arising when you visit us.
- While your animal maybe very well trained and obedient you don’t know what the other animals are like that could be visiting us at the same time.
On your arrival
- You will be greeted by one of our friendly receptionists, please let her know that you have arrived for your appointment.
- Our nurse will then make sure you are put into the appropriate time slot to see one of our vets.
- While the nurse puts your details into the computer she will ask you to put your dog onto the scales if appropriate, otherwise small dogs and cats are weighed in the consultation rooms on baby scales to obtain a more accurate weight.
- At this stage our nurse may alert you to any overdue reminders that your pet is due for, this will allow you to discuss these options with one of our vets.
- If you have been advised to collect a urine sample from your pet, first of all congratulations for successfully retrieving the sample, please give the sample to the nurse so it can be tested and the results are ready for your consultation.
- If you were unable to collect a sample one of our nurses will attempt to collect a sample when you are waiting for your appointment.
- Urinalysis is a tool to check “wellness” and possible early signs of ill health.
If you are a new client
- We will ask you fill out a new client form, giving us all your correct details which we will record in our computer system.
- We will then scan your pet for its microchip number and record on your file, thus helping us to return your pet back to you safely should they ever be brought into us without you.
- You can then take a seat in our waiting room before being seen by one of our veterinarians.
- You are welcome to browse through our Our Paw Store where there are a lot of things to keep you and your pet amused along with training products, bedding, jackets, treats and lots more for you to explore.
- Also please say hello to our kittens in Our Kitten Adoption Centre, you can watch them play and explore their amazing condo.
Annual physical examinations ensure your pet's health, wellbeing, behaviour and diet are all in order. Microchipping, vaccinations, fleas, ticks and worming treatments and dentistry are all part of this.
"They all love animals"
Understanding that some couples who have kids and grandkids, treat their animals like people. Having well trained staff, who get to know us quickly, and who are always so nice, helpful and efficient. They do great follow up calls to monitor their patients, and if they say they will call back, they actually do call back. They love animals and are very involved with their work.
"You guys are simply the best"
Thank you for providing a cattery where our 2 cats have stayed several times, and get outstanding care. They come home each time so relaxed - none of this tail and nose in the air for 48 hours story. The result is we go away and have no worries about our cats.
"Always the best care for our fur babies"
I have always been a client of North Nowra Vets. Their care and compassion is so heartfelt. They care for my cats as if they were their own. Always available for emergency after hours calls. I also use the cattery when we go away and have never had a cat ignore me afterwards. We will remain a loyal customer at North Nowra Vets because they care.
"My best respect to all who are part of this team"
These vets, Cathy and Quentin and their team, I cannot speak more highly of their knowledge and care, it is wonderful and you never leave you pet for surgery wondering. They all have a true love of animals. My best respect to all who are part of this team. Well done.
"Visits are never rushed and our dog's checkups are very thorough"
We have always found Kathy, Quentin and staff very pleasant and helpful. Visits are never rushed and our dog's checkups are very thorough. The options for treatment are clearly explained so the best choice can be made. Our dog has the intelligence and strong will that his breed is known for but he is always very happy even excited to go to the North Nowra Veterinary Hospital and that surely is a strong a recommendation as any.
"Everyone is so welcoming and friendly!"
From a client's perspective, or 'owner of your patient', you have many years brought the "whole package" together in relation to you practice. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly which is great for both human and animal. I have for many years been referring friends, neighbours, acquaintances and clients from our own business to you knowing that they will receive professional care and excellent diagnosis.
"It's all about the little things you get right!"
It's not easy to say specifically which one thing makes for your customer service, as it's all about the little things you get right, such as keeping staff for long periods of time, so we see familiar faces and hear familiar voices on the phone. The fact that a number of people want to stay sends a powerful message that it's a good place to work.
"I pass 3 other clinics to get to you"
A lot of people ask me why I go out of my way to go to your clinic. It's because you have always given the best possible care, the centre is always fresh looking and a smile always available. At first I felt a bit apprehensive seeing someone other than Cathy or Quentin. But each and every time my distress has been eased with the knowledge and support given by all the team. I have always received 110%.
"Thanks for providing a hassle free service and a happy place"
I am pretty impresses when whoever is on the counter manages to call up Xena's details as I'm walking through the door so that by the time I reach the counter it's all up on the screen waiting for whatever has to be done. It's great and really efficient!! Thanks for the hassle free service and a happy place to walk into!
"I couldn't be happier with the service and care for my dog!"
Upon arrival I was very nervous as this was my first time taking my dog to Jervis Bay Vets. I had recently moved away from a hospital I was unhappy with. I could not recommend the Veterinary Clinic enough, the team are like a family and the veterinarian spent quality time with pet addressing the concerns I had. I am very happy.
"The vets took every precaution"
Thankyou to the vets and staff that saved my beautiful dobermann bitch "Sophie", I am a dog breeder and was very impressed with the communication between the vets, they were thorough, caring and professional, with a complicated medical condition (VWD). The vets took every precaution. I would recommend their services, your dog is in great hands here.
Our Great Dane has anxiety issues, for which she is being medicated. These medicines worked quite well for a time, but her anxiety started to increase, so we gave acupuncture a go. The difference was noticeable after the first treatment, and she continued to improve. After a few treatments she plateaued, and has been without treatment for a few months now, and still going well – she is much happier and calmer. I highly recommend giving it a go in Kristy's very talented hands.
"Our girl Freyja has a better doctor than us!"
Every time we visit the vets they always go above and beyond for us. I always feel like they put in so much time for us. They also know how to handle one big wriggly great dane!
"I have never been to such a good vet!"
I am so glad I finally found a vet that really understands my anxious dog! All the nurses and vets are always gentle with my dog! Thank you!